Saturday, June 6, 2009

Honored to be chosen to represent United States transplant living

Wow, Life is a curious journey...I spent most of mine in existence, but not truly understanding the "meaning" of my purpose in this journey. I have been blessed countless times. A wonderful husband of 26 years. Three amazing children...who have surpassed my imaginable expectations. Certainly, I have had a full life. Though, never truly understanding why I could not feel a positive "self concept". I never felt full of life; only living my life as expected. I should be happy. I have it all. Until you are at risk of losing it all.Three years ago that was me.

My journey was no different from others, I imagine. You wake up every day, get the children off to school, go to work, cook, clean,fall asleep wondering where your day went? where your life went? have meaningless arguments about the mundane tasks of everyday life... until now.

My second chance to do it right. Make each day count.

Two and a half years ago, I was given the gift that would change my life forever.

Today, I find opportunity around every corner. I try not to waste even one moment; nonetheless one day. I want to grab hold with both hands- and go for the ride.

Amongst many other phenomenal opportunities~ Last week I was chosen to represent transplant recipients from the United States to participate in an advisory board in Zurich, Switzerland... with 11 other solid organ recipients from around the world.

I'll keep you posted on my Magical Mysery Tour as it unfolds over the next days and months to come...

Grateful for life,

Colette

No comments: